The Monster Hunter
- Ruthlessly hunting monsters with elite training, awesome exotic weapons, and a sly smirk. - Mallhalla purchase description
As the story goes...
- “Our Father, who reign eternal in crimson slumber. Please deliver us from Diana. She killed Cytorax and Bob last week, and I think she’s back because the building is on fire.” – From a hasty prayer by Alan, priest of Belzar.
For a thousand years, the Order of the Exalted Lion has defended mundane society from the supernatural with a trademark combination of elite training and exotic weaponry.
As the commander of the Order’s hunters, Diana drove Europe’s vampire population into exile and eliminated the self-appointed Unseelie Diplomat. She slew the Mad King of Batavia, then slew the Vampire Mad King of Batavia, then finally slew the Ghost Vampire Mad King of Batavia. She is the national hero of Batavia.
But when she uncovered corruption in the Order itself, Diana fell into a trap. Breaking into the chambers of the Supreme Patriarch, Diana was seized by dark magic that drove her into a deathlike sleep. She fought for moments of wakefulness – catching a glimpse of the Order’s subbasements, of a winding forest of thorns, and finally of an expanse of darkness filled with screams.
Diana awoke on the shores of Nastrond, a land deep within Helheim. The endless dead sensed the unfamiliar warmth of mortality and swarmed to consume it. And so she fought. She held the damned at bay for eleven days before the Goddess Hel herself found her and ejected the troublemaker. A Valkyrie found Diana lost between worlds, and offered her a place in Valhalla.
"I need a dozen quicksilver bombs, five quarters of holy water, two hundred silver bullets. And one stake if you've got it." - Diana to Octavius, Quartermaster of the Order
A fighter of the supernatural, she wears a burgundy riding coat over a dark gray collared waistcoat and a frilled shirt showing underneath it. The waistcoat is cinched with a large-buckled belt, and she wears buckled cavalier boots over gray socks pulled up high over burgundy breeches. To complete her outfit, she wears a very narrow women's tricorne with a silver button pin and a matte silver ball pendant around her neck. Under her hat shows short black hair that is largely cut very close to the head, aside from two curls of hair that frame either side of her face.
|Neutral||A short, leaping dive accompanied by a twirling, hooking motion with the bow. If she catches and stuns a target with this motion, Diana quickly notches a quicksilver-bomb-tipped arrow and fires it point-blank into the target's body, knocking them down and forwards.|
|Diana delivers a twirling waltz of pummelling with her bow as she steps forward and strikes at an enemy in front of her in two dancing motions. Carries Diana forward a significant distance.|
|↓||Diana delivers a short, twirling upwards gut-stab with the top end of the bow while standing in place. If the attack hits, Diana quickly follows it by shooting the victim point-blank with a grappling arrow and hurling the foe downwards behind her with tremendous force.|
|Neutral||Diana throws a bladed quicksilver bomb high into the air and shoots it with one of her pistols after the trap stabilizes enough to hover for a split-second. The resulting explosion knocks any victims up and away from her.|
|Diana quickly dives forward and unleashes a barrage of rapid gunshots at the end of her dive, hitting everything in a low arc ahead of her with small explosions of quicksilver.|
|↓||Diana hides her rear blaster behind her back and fires two short-ranged quicksilver blasts from her front gun in an slow succession - first low, then high. If she manages to strike and stun anyone with either of these blasts, the huntress releases a grappling shot into the enemy from the rear blaster, hooking the target to hurl them down and behind her.|
Expand to show Legend skins
- Diana's default weapons are the Mastercraft Recurve (bow) and the Wheel Locks (blasters).
- Diana's bot name is Diandroid. This is obviously a combination of Diana and Android.
- Posted on 3/30/16, Diana's bio is the first to directly announce a then upcoming and existent Legend, Mordex.
- Diana was introduced to Brawlhalla on March 30, 2016.
- It is potentially questionable as to whether Diana has truly died - while the circumstances that put her in Náströnd could easily mean that when she was defeated by the Patriarch, she was taken into the woods and killed, but her unusual mortality in a land of the dead leaves room for doubt.
- The betrayal they talk about in Diana's bio was that of Mordex. Relatedly, Diana is probably the only character in Brawlhalla who knows Mordex's true identity.
- Diana's lore is the first to mention the Cult of Belzar - the second is Cross.
- Diana's lore touches on several parts of Norse mythology that have yet to be touched upon in Brawlhalla, including Náströnd, a particularly punishment-focused part of the Norse afterlife, and Hel, Goddess of the Underworld and Death.
|Legends of Brawlhalla|
|Ada • Artemis • Asuri • Azoth • Barraza • Brynn • Bödvar • Caspian • Cassidy • Cross • Diana • Dusk • Ember • Fait • Gnash • Hattori • Isaiah • Jaeyun • Jhala • Jiro • Kaya • Koji • Kor • Lin Fei • Lord Vraxx • Lucien • Magyar • Mako • Mirage • Mordex • Onyx • Queen Nai • Nix • Orion • Petra • Ragnir • Rayman • Scarlet • Sentinel • Sidra • Sir Roland • Teros • Thatch • Thor • Ulgrim • Val • Vector • Wu Shang • Xull • Volkov • Yumiko • Zariel|