The Ghost in the Machine
- "The shadowy corporations of a corrupt future trained Ada to be the worst thing that ever happened to them." - Mallhalla purchase description
As the story goes...
- "Target Ada is confirmed. Suspect is armed and located at the rear of the sixth floor...and on the roof...and twice on the third floor. All units, surveillance protocols are compromised. Ignore radio communications. Set Aim Augmentation to Manual. Disregard ... (garbled) ... on sight... (garbled) ... incoming . . (garbled) ... down ... (elevator music)" -Recovered from a Mobile Command Unit blackbox, MBFC
Records show a precocious young Ada offered a place in the training program of Meyers Baby Food Corporation ("Your Friend in Nanotech"). After that, no official records of Ada exist. Part of an experimental group, Ada's public education neuro-sims were replaced with training in real-time signal decryption and urban warfare.
Graduates of the experiment joined Meyers Baby Food Corp's black ops division, but Ada hacked the corporation's maincloud and learned her division was protecting the Upload Enslavement Initiative. Soon, records of Meyers' secret operations were playing on every news feed, and Ada had disappeared.
In the undersea free state of Miami Dome, Ada founded the Right Wrong Cavaliers, an elite team of combat hackers and post-punk revival band, and she led their masterful guerilla campaign against Meyers and their shadowy GovernCorp backers. She's pretty sure Valhalla is all some sort of computer sim, but until she can find a way out, she's playing to win.
"Combat cryptography is easy. Once you can ignore the bullets and the screaming, it's just basic quantum calculus." -Ada, shouted to a recruit during a raid on GovernCorp
Ada has a cyberpunk theme in her appearance. Her hair is dyed a magenta colour, with a bright neon pink highlight across the front, and is styled such that all of her hair is directed to her left, with very short hair on the right side of her head. While her hair is an unnatural dyed colour, this belies her true nature as a cybernetically modified hacker comes guerilla-fighter, which is more evident seeing her glowing green right eye and similarly coloured element glowing on her cheekbone. Her clothing is a futuristic version of streetwear, also coloured in a striking magenta and pink style with neon green detailing.
|Neutral||Ada performs a high flying front-flip with a twist, carrying her forward slightly, and fires her blasters at the ground beneath her while she is airborne. If there is no ground under where Ada will fire, the blasts go down slightly farther and have a larger blast zone. Carries Ada forward a good distance.|
|Ada points both blasters ahead of her and fires six shots off in rapid succession (3 from each blaster) directly ahead.|
|↓||Ada leaps backwards in what looks like slow-motion while firing one shot from each of her blasters ahead of her, following up with an immense double-blast that billows out to ahead of where she was initially standing.|
|Neutral||A upwards leap forward into the air is punctuated by a vicious, upwards circular spin with the spear, followed by a broader downwards swipe in an arc.|
|A quick forward horizontal swipe with the spear. Ada takes a short step forward as she does this.|
|↓||Ada whirls her spear once horizontally around herself, then drops and spins on her back breakdance-style and spinning it again over her head.|
Expand to show Legend skins
- Ada's default weapons are the Cyberlink Blasters (blasters) and the Cyberlink Spear (spear).
- Ada's bot name is Adroid.
- Ada's title given in her Lore, "The Ghost In The Machine", is a reference to Masamune Shirou's Ghost in the Shell.
- MBFC, Ada's corporate trainer and nemesis, is also responsible for the tech-killing virus responsible for the post-apocalyptic dystopia that Barraza hails from.
- Ada's name may be a reference to Ada Lovelace.